The Laurier Institute for the Study of Public Opinion and Policy (LISPOP) is pleased to announce a $2,500 fellowship for a MAP student interested in completing a major research project (MRP) that draws upon LISPOP’s Ipsos Public Affairs Datasets or the completion of a public opinion project.
The public opinion project, one of our MRP options that our students can take, offers you the opportunity to build a long list of “applied skills.”
TASKS DURING THE PROJECT
Students undertaking this option will have:
- Engaged with a “client.”
- Design a survey instrument via consultation with the client, seeking out relevant literature/survey questions etc.
- Develop a survey instrument using Limesurvey.
- Deploy a survey to a sample (to date, students only) including monitoring responses/data recording.
- Clean an original dataset.
- Analyze the data.
- Report the findings in a final document written for the intended audience.
- Present the final results to the client as well as to a separate MRP defence committee.
APPLY FOR THE PUBLIC OPINION PROJECT
In order to apply, submit a one-page letter outlining your research interest to Jason Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org.